FIBERFOX Expanded Beam Fiber Optic Connectors are designed to meet the requirements of MIL-DTL-83526 specification and operate in harsh environments. Expanded Beam fiber optic connectors use nonphysical contact fiber optic termini that are IP68 sealed behind an anti-reflective coated ball lens. This lens expands the beam to many times its original size aiding optical alignment and minimizing the effects of debris, dust and other environmental conditions. With 50/125 multimode fiber, the expanded and collimated light beam has an active area of around 3600 times larger than the original 50 μm multimode fiber core. Because there is no wear on the optical surfaces during use, the FIBERFOX connectors have excellent durability, in excess of 5000 mating cycles. These connectors are available with two or four channels multimode lenses.
- 5mm O/D (2CH) or 5,5mm O/D (4CH), PUR flame-retardant, halogen-free, bend tolerant cable
- Heavy-duty, connectors IP68 (even unprotected)
- Cables are direct prolongable (no couplers required)
- No special cleaning or measurement tools required
- Wear-free connectors: > 5000 mating cycles without any maintenance
- Compatible with all MIL-DTL-83526 systems