To deliver sales growth of electrical connectors and associated products from the Company’s portfolio in line with business objectives and targets.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, develop an effective sales strategy for the business to include tactics, sales plans and profit targets to keep the Company competitive and innovative.
- Maximise order intake and Company profit.
- Identifying and reporting on new business opportunities in existing and target markets.
- Identify valuable emerging markets and align stock holding and new products to support.
- Develop the sales of Weald product and increase the Weald contribution to the Lodge Group.
- Seeking out major clients and forming working relationships with the premier buyers across industry sectors.
- Maintain existing client relationships in order to develop additional sales growth.
- To oversee and manage an internal and external sales team to deliver Company targets.
- To develop the internal and external sales process, procedures and channels.
- To represent the Company at key supplier sales and business review meetings.
- Representing the Company at exhibitions and trade shows and actively contribute to marketing strategy.
- To participate in Board meetings.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS
- At least 5 years' experience working as a Senior Manager/Director within a technical sales environment working for a distributor/manufacturer/supplier of electromechanical components. Alternatively, extensive experience of an alternative market sector would be considered along with a proven track record of sales growth and experience of innovative methodology within a distribution business.
- The ability to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent people and project management skills in order to generate new sales and build a solid internal and external sales team.
- A broad range of industry knowledge with specific experience of the Industrial, Military and Aerospace sectors and ideally some knowledge of communications, medical and transportation markets.
- Qualifications to suit.
- Dynamic and driven with the ability to take responsibility within a successful and profitable business and build on its excellent reputation.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Possess initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills.
- A full driving licence.
- Generally office based visiting customers as required.
- Able and willing to stay away from home in the UK and abroad, as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Holder of a full passport and be able to undertake business related air travel if required.
To apply, please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org