- Respond to customer sales enquiries in a timely manner whether via telephone, email, fax or quotation.
- Interrogate the internal stock control system in order to quote on price and advise delivery timescales for items held in the Company’s stockholding.
- To provide accurate, up-to-date information to customers in relation to products and parts.
- To take sales orders from customers.
- To liaise with internal functions such as Procurement, Sales Order Processing, Production Control and Assembly as necessary.
- Source appropriate price and delivery options from external suppliers/manufacturers where necessary for franchised and non-franchised products.
- To support the Company’s field-based sales representatives where required.
- Maximise sales on related component accessories wherever possible.
- Following up quotations where required.
- Negotiate pricing terms as appropriate and in accordance with Company procedures.
- To provide support with Sales Order Processing, especially covering for holiday/sickness periods.
- To undertake other reasonable tasks, within known capabilities, in order to ensure the smooth running of the Department.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Previous work experience having been gained within a manufacturing/distribution environment offering a diverse product range, a distinct advantage.
- Computer literate and familiar with stock control software/systems.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills in order to calculate correct pricing of products and parts.
- An appreciation of electro-mechanical components a distinct advantage.
- A willingness to learn new skills quickly.
- The ability to deliver excellent customer service and product knowledge.
- Must be able to respond to pressure in a positive manner.
- Flexible attitude and attention to detail with a strong emphasis on team work.
- The ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative essential.
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- The ability to achieve deadlines where necessary.
38¼ hours per week – 8.30 am to 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 3.30 pm Friday’s with 45 minutes for lunch each day.
To apply, please forward CV to [email protected]