To manage the business processes and functions surrounding efficient procurement, stock control, stores and sales order processing in line with Company objectives.
- To be the champion of all internal business processes that are associated with Purchasing, Stock Control, Sales, Sales Order Processing, Stores and Despatch.
- To ensure that all Lane products are fully traceable from source to end-user and are processed as dictated by the quality level that any given product is released to, ie, BS EN ISO 9001-2008, AS9100, CECC and QPL.
- To ensure that all stock is correctly identified in terms of RoHS, REACH and ITAR classifications.
- To liaise with external suppliers or internal production and raise Purchase Orders or Works Orders as required for stock or direct sale as dictated by the ERP system.
- To manage stock levels in an efficient and profitable manner to ensure stocks are maintained to satisfy demand at realistic levels.
- To create stock records and BOM’s for in-house assembled product as required.
- To provide support as the Company’s ‘ERP Champion’ for individuals within the various departments for ERP-related queries and/or business process clarification.
- To provide specifically compiled POS, Stock and Sales reports for each franchise in accordance with the Company’s Distributor Agreements’ and distribute these accordingly, using the ‘REP GEN’ functionality of the ERP system.
- To provide specifically compiled POS, Popularity of Stock and Sales reports as requested by Managers and Directors, using the ‘REP GEN’ functionality of the ERP system.
- Maintain accurate pricing structures in the ERP system to include Manufacturer’s Price Lists’, price increases/impending price changes.
- Co-ordinate all external suppliers of IT services to the Company including ERP maintenance and major upgrades.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s E-Commerce capability in conjunction with the Managing Director and external suppliers.
- Ensure that all IT system backups are undertaken and are up-to-date.
- Ensure that the Business Partners/Contacts module within the ERP system is maintained and co-ordinate ‘mail out’ or email Marketing campaigns.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Proven management experience in a medium sized business, ideally working with electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
- Experience of purchasing and stock control using ERP software, ideally gained in an assembly and distribution environment.
- A basic understanding of manufacturing processes to aid placing subcontract purchase orders logically and efficiently.
- Well-developed price negotiating skills for use with subcontractors.
- Excellent general business software knowledge, in particular, MS Excel.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to multi-task, delegate and manage a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Appropriate functional qualifications, such as CIPS, IOM, a distinct advantage, although not essential.
- To systematically gain and continue to gain product knowledge across the Company’s portfolio.
- To have in depth knowledge of all Company business processes associated with Purchasing, Stock Control, Sales, Sales Order Processing, Stores and Despatch after a reasonable period.
- To have an in depth, administrator level of understanding of the Company’s ERP system and how this relates to the complete Internal Business Process from enquiry through to Invoice and the use of the REP GEN (report generator/configurator) after a reasonable period.
To apply please forward CV to [email protected]