To provide engineering design, detail drawing and technical support for the manufacture and sale of a wide range of electro/mechanical interconnection products and components intended for global aerospace, defence, industrial and mining sectors, in accordance with Company requirements.
- As part of a small team, generate connector designs and cable assembly drawings to BS8888 (after training).
- Create new product detail drawings for sub-contract component manufacture to BS8888.
- Creation of BOM's.
- Implement design changes on existing products and components, drawing and re-issue where required.
- Design and drawing for customer special requests.
- Creation of data sheets and technical specifications.
- Creation of technical offers/proposal drawings for customers where required.
- Provide customer technical support and respond to technical queries both internally and externally after training.
- Provide 3D CAD models of products for customers from the database or generate as required.
- Design basic tools and jigs for assembly/production requirements.
- To provide ‘hands-on’ support in assembly/shop floor trouble shooting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Experienced (minimum five years) Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer/Draughter with high-level proficiency in Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software or willingness to re-train/migrate from similar software.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) preferred, as a minimum.
- An appreciation of basic electrical principles.
- Experience and working knowledge of BS EN ISO 9001:2015, BS8888 and, in particular, the engineering change process essential.
- Previous drawing office experience gained in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment essential.
- Prior experience of a manufacturing/assembly environment and its associated processes essential and ideally, small electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience of cable assemblies and fibre optics a distinct advantage.
- Some practical engineering/machining experience an advantage.
- The ability to organise time and priorities to achieve business results in a timely manner.
- The ability to work independently and solve problems without instruction/supervision.
- The ability to anticipate a situation rather than just responding to it after it has happened.
- An effective communicator with a willingness to participate in business-led meetings/presentations.
- Full, clean driving licence.
39½ hours per week - 8.30 am to 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 3.30 pm on Fridays with 30 minutes for lunch each day.
To apply, please forward CV to [email protected]