Business Development Manager
Responsible for selling an extensive range of electrical connectors and associated products to the military and industrial electronic equipment industries.
- To maximise the sale of the Company’s interconnection products on a profitable basis.
- Identifying new business opportunities in existing and new markets.
- To build and maintain long-term relationships with existing and new customers/suppliers/manufacturers.
- Conduct customer visits to promote the products/services available from the Company and to identify potential new applications.
- To participate in product-specific marketing campaigns where necessary in order to support the Company’s marketing policy.
- To support all related design, marketing and pricing functions of the Company.
- Liaise with internal departments regarding price/delivery issues.
- Provide timely and accurate management information where necessary.
- To work effectively with existing Company policies and procedures.
- To undertake ad-hoc projects within functional responsibility in order to meet the needs of the business
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of connectors and their applications within the military and industrial electronic equipment industries.
- A proven track record of success in increasing sales of technical-related products, ideally connector-related.
- Educated to HNC/D level (or equivalent) in an electro/mechanical discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with working in a BS EN ISO9001:2015 acredited business environment.
- Good personal representation and well-developed presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical data.
- Proficient in the use of IT.
- The ability to effectively plan and co-ordinate customer visits and present itineraries internally.
- Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work without supervision.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Commercially astute.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Holder of a full, clean UK driving licence essential and be prepared to drive reasonable distances.
- Able and willing to stay away from home in the UK and abroad, as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Willingness to participate in trade shows and exhibitions.
- Holder of a full passport and be able to undertake business related air travel if required.
- Must possess the potential to grow and develop with the business.
Location - Midlands (from time-to-time, there will also be a requirement to attend the main business location in Slinfold, Horsham, West Sussex).
Competitive salary + bonus + pension + car allowance
To apply, please forward CV to email@example.com