Assembly Technician (Weald)
- Working with the Assembly Supervisor and Assembly Technician’s to ensure accurate and timely build of Fibre Optic and Copper Cable Assemblies and other assemblies from technical drawings.
- In conjunction with the Weald Quality Technician and Engineering department, run and maintain the Company’s special purpose assembly equipment to produce the above.
- To assist in timely and accurate assembly and testing of cables, connectors and piece parts, where necessary.
- Participation in problem-solving and fault finding, particularly in relation to assemblies and new equipment.
- To undertake other assembly-related activities to support the assembly areas, within known capability, as and when required.
- At all times, operate to relevant Company quality standards and guidelines.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Competent in soldering essential, preferably to IPC standard, with copper cable/wire preparation an advantage.
- Knowledge of fibre optic termination an advantage, but not essential as training will be given.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is essential for this role as is the ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative.
- Basic level computer literacy to operate internal Company systems, if required.
- An aptitude towards technology essential.
- The ability to take a logical approach when undertaking tasks and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Be capable of problem-solving and fault finding.
- Have the ability to develop and integrate new equipment.
- A team player, dependable, efficient.
- A good standard of general education, ideally to GCSE level.
- Must be able to respond to pressure in a positive manner, with an adaptable and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude.
Own transport required as public transport services are limited to our business location.
39½ hours per week – 8.30 am to 5.15 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 3.30 pm Fridays with 30 minutes for lunch each day.
To apply please forward CV to email@example.com