To oversee all Lane Stores operations from receipt of goods through to final despatch, ensuring at all times stores processes and systems are aligned to Company Objectives.
- To ensure that all Stores operations are efficiently managed and procedures/processes correctly adhered to from receiving incoming goods through to packing and despatch.
- To manage, lead and develop a high performing stores team.
- To oversee all goods received are located correctly within Lane Stores.
- Responsible for ensuring goods are picked and packed correctly in a timely manner.
- To oversee the despatch of all finished goods to ensure that customers are receiving the correct products.
- Co-operate with the management team to ensure all works are carried out to a high quality and conform to internal processes and systems.
- Focus on continuous improvement by identifying areas for improvement and in conjunction with the Operations Manager, deliver improved operational performance.
- Be familiar with and demonstrate commitment to the requirements of Health & Safety participating in H&S inductions for new staff where required.
- Co-ordinating courier collections/deliveries via an online portal.
- To undertake fire marshal duties including fire/roll call evacuation.
- Operation of site floodlighting on GMT changes.
- Conduct weekly checks of emergency lighting and ensuring all passageways clear/replacing blown bulbs and tubes.
- Operate forklift when required and conduct weekly checks/re-charge as necessary.
- Conduct checks on heating oil levels and co-ordinate oil deliveries to site.
- Co-ordinating and undertaking where necessary local deliveries/collections, eg, local customers, Christmas hampers, sandwiches for meetings, parcel deliveries, scrap metal, pallets from storage.
- Securing Stores area each evening.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Proven stores management experience from an electro-mechanical engineering/distribution environment essential.
- Demonstrable experience of improving a stores operation.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team and take control of everyday tasks, organising and guiding where necessary.
- Strong PC skills – experience of using stock control software, MS Excel and MS Outlook essential.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy essential.
- Be able to demonstrate good communication and listening skills.
- Planning and implementation skills with the ability to deliver to tight deadlines where necessary.
- A team player and respect for others.
- Customer focused.
- Flexibility and effectiveness under pressure.
- A positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Full driving licence and forklift licence.
To apply, please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org