Responsible for promoting and selling electrical connectors and associated products from the Company’s portfolio, in line with the Company’s objectives and targets. To provide technical sales support for our franchised product ranges.
- To maximise the sale of the Company’s interconnection products on a profitable basis in accordance with the Company’s sales strategy and business development needs.
- To develop new business opportunities from existing customer contacts and new business leads, working from the Slinfold Lodge office to maximise customer-facing opportunities.
- To effectively plan and co-ordinate customer/supplier-related activity and present appropriate itineraries internally on the company CRM.
- To provide technical support key franchise product within the overall Lane Electronics portfolio to customers and the rest of the sales team.
- To promote the products/services available from the Company and to identify potential new applications.
- To work with and alongside our Business Development Managers to build and maintain long-term relationships with existing and new customers and suppliers.
- To provide a comprehensive and up-to-date project opportunities list and sales funnel to satisfy and exceed forecast and budget expectations.
- To identify new supplier/franchise opportunities to support the continued growth in existing and new customer business opportunities.
- To participate in product and market-specific marketing campaigns where necessary to support the Company’s marketing and business development needs.
- To support all related design, marketing and pricing functions of the Company.
- To provide timely and accurate management information where necessary, including clear and concise implementation and utilisation of the company CRM system.
- To work effectively within existing Company policies and procedures while participating in and supporting our team objectives and activity as a whole.
- To undertake ad-hoc projects within functional responsibility to meet the needs of the business.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURS:
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong technical knowledge of connectors and their applications within Aerospace+Defence, Industrial, Motorsport, Test+Measurement, Medical and associated electronic equipment industries.
- A proven track record of success in managing business and increasing sales of technical products, ideally connector related.
- Educated to HNC/D level (or equivalent) in an electrical/mechanical discipline.
- Familiarity with working in a BS EN 9001 and EN 9120 acredited business environment.
- Good personal representation and well-developed communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical data and commercial needs.
- Proficient in the use of IT, ideally Microsoft Office and a modern CRM system.
- The ability to effectively plan and co-ordinate appropriate customer-related activity and present appropriate itineraries internally on the company CRM.
- To work effectively in our sales office environment and remotely as required. Must be self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work without supervision.
- An effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Commercially astute.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach.
- Holder of a full, clean UK driving licence essential and be prepared to drive reasonable distances.
- Able and willing to stay away from home in the UK and abroad, as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Willingness to participate in trade shows and exhibitions.
- Holder of a full passport and be able to undertake business related air travel if required.
- Must possess the potential to grow and develop with the business.
Location – Slinfold, West Sussex.
Competitive salary + bonus + pension. Development opportunity.
To apply, please forward CV to email@example.com